Can I charge the laptop and utilise the HDMI port at the same time with this adapter?
1 Answer from the Community
If it's a MacBook or 13" MacBook Pro, yes the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter can charge it. However the 15" MacBook Pro needs a full 85W to be able to operate fully *and* charge the battery, so if you have that model you will NOT be guaranteed a battery charge through this adapter. After being very frustrated by my laptop not charging I finally found support doc HT207256: "MacBook Pro can receive a maximum of 60W of power through the Apple USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter or USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter. For the best charging performance on MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016), connect the power supply directly to your Mac."
- Answered by Stefan W from Lynn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What is the other port beside the HDMI?
- Asked by Daniel P from Edmonton
- Oct 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the other port beside the HDMI?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
length of time in ipad pro charge
- Asked by Rho C from Edgewater
- Apr 23, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (length of time in ipad pro charge)
- Asked about: iPad