On devices with both Lightning and 3.5 mm audio, Will it be possible to use both audio outputs simultaneously?
Will it be possible to use both the built-in 3.5 mm headphone jack AND the lightning to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter simultaneously? I am thinking in terms of using this as an alternative to a headphone splitter. If this is possible, would you be able to independently control the volume of each output?
- Asked by fn from Carlsbad
- Flag as inappropriate (On devices with both Lightning and 3.5 mm audio, Will it be possible to use both audio outputs simultaneously?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack …
1 Answer from the Community
No, it does not appear so.
At least on an iPhone 5s with iOS 10.0.1, it only sends audio out to the headphone jack OR the Lightning-to-headphone adapter, whichever is plugged in last.
If you have both plugged in and remove one, it switches to the other for audio output.
Finally, if I boot the phone up with both plugged in, it seems to default to the Lightning-to-headphone adapter.
- Answered by Ronald M from Sacramento
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1