What does this soft wear do?
- Asked by Costakis K
- Flag as inappropriate (What does this soft wear do?)
1 Answer from the Community
"Mac OS" is the Operating System for the Mac. It is what makes a Mac work. It is what causes all the windows, icons and menus to display on the monitor. It allows programs/applications to open and run. It also organizes how files will be stored on a hard drive. Basically, it provides the interface for the user to interact with the Mac.
The Mac OS has had many codenames over the years as the code has been improved and new releases are made.
The Mac OS that was released in the summer of 2009 was Mac OS X 10.6 (codenamed "Snow Leopard"). Mac OS X 10.7 ("Lion") was released in summer 2011. The last "update" to "Snow Leopard" was Mac OS X 10.6.8.
If one has an older Mac with an Intel processor and Mac OS 10.5 or earlier, one needs to install "Snow Leopard" and update it to OS 10.6.8 in order to install any later version of the Mac OS that is compatible with that Mac. The current Mac OS release is Mac OS 10.10 ("Yosemite").
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is this a soft or Hard shell.
- Asked by Tara P from Fairfax
- Nov 11, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this a soft or Hard shell.)
- Asked about: iPhone 8 / 7 Silicone Case - (PRODU…
Is the dock made of hard or soft material?
- Asked by Walter B from Bari
- Nov 29, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the dock made of hard or soft material?)
- Asked about: Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock
No answers yet
What kind of case do these come with? Hard, soft or other?
- Asked by Robert F from Columbia Heights
- Sep 5, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (What kind of case do these come with? Hard, soft or other?)
- Asked about: Beats Studio3 Wireless Over‑Ear Hea…