Can I use iMac mid 2011 21.5 inch as a second display?
- Asked by Jack J from Lakeside
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use iMac mid 2011 21.5 inch as a second display?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes you can since the iMac contains a Thunderbolt port. Note the following: - Note that Thunderbolt ports are Mini Displayports as well. - iMac 2011 21.5 inch Thunderbolt port is a: Thunderbolt 1 port (10 Gbps). - The wire you're going to use is the Thunderbolt 2 cable (20 Gbps). It is compatible with Thunderbolt 1 connection, so don't worry about that part. You choose 0.5 m or 2.0 m (Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2.0 m) - White). It's also male-to-male. - This adapter you're currently ask about (Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter) will have a male end (USB-C) and female end (Thunderbolt 2). The male end (USB-C) will go towards the newer MacBook Pros (with the new Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports) and the female end will attach to the Thunderbolt 2 cable (male-to-male) to your iMac. - Press Command-F2 once that's all set up.
- Answered by Michael Brock L from Barrie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use my old iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011) as the 2nd display for the new iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) connecting with the Thunderbolt Cable?
Will this power adapter extension cable work for 21.5-inch iMac with Retina 4K display?
- Asked by Michelle L T from Syracuse
- Flag as inappropriate Will this power adapter extension cable work for 21.5-inch iMac with Retina 4K display?