Will this allow a pre-2016 Thunderbolt Display to charge a 2016 rMBP? Or is an additional charger cable necessary?
1 Answer from the Community
No, the Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter does not pass power to charge the MacBook Pro.
You will need to use the charger cable.
Read Apple support document HT207266 "Connect devices and displays with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter".
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can i supply power to my 2016 macbook pro from a usb charger?
- Asked by Mark R from Cincinnati
- 01 30, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (can i supply power to my 2016 macbook pro from a usb charger?)
- Asked about: Mac
Can the Smart Cover and the Silicone Case be used together?
- Asked by Gordon P from Atlanta
- 03 25, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Smart Cover and the Silicone Case be used together?)
- Asked about: Silicone Case for 9.7-inch iPad Pro…
Can this adapter be used with the late 2016 MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Paul J from Boulder
- 10 31, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used with the late 2016 MacBook Pro?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…