SALES & REFUND TERMS AND CONDITIONS ("TERMS")
Singapore Store for Education
Thanks for shopping at Apple. We appreciate the fact that you like to buy the cool stuff we build. We also want to make sure you have a rewarding experience while you’re exploring, evaluating, and purchasing our products, whether you’re at the Apple Online Store or on the phone with the Apple Contact Center. (To make it visually easier on both of us, we’ll refer to these entities as the “Apple Store” in this policy.)
We fundamentally believe you will be thrilled with the products you purchase from the Apple Store. That’s because we go out of our way to ensure that they’re designed and built to be just what you need. We understand, however, that sometimes a product may not be what you expected it to be. In that unlikely event, we invite you to review the following terms related to returning a product.
For iPhone returns, you may return your undamaged iPhone with its included accessories within 14 days of purchase for a full refund. Here’s the important part: returning your iPhone may not automatically cancel or reset your wireless account; you are responsible for your wireless service agreement and for any applicable fees associated with your wireless account. Please contact your provider for more information.
For any other undamaged product, simply return it with the original receipt (or gift receipt) and original packaging within 14 days from the date you received the product. If the item is returned within this timeframe, we’ll exchange it or offer a refund based upon the original payment method. Please note the following:
- Products can be returned only in the country in which they were originally purchased.
- The following products are not eligible for return: electronic software downloads, subscriptions to the Software-Up-To-Date program and any Apple Developer Connection products.
- Apple provides security features to enable you to protect your product in case of loss or theft. If you do not disable these features prior to returning your device, Apple may refuse the return or exchange.
- Opened software cannot be returned if it contained a seal with the software license on the outside of the package and you could read the software license before opening its packaging. As an exception, you may return Apple-branded software if you do not agree to the licensing terms; however, you may not retain or otherwise use any copies of returned software. It’s not legal . . . and it’s not nice.
For complete details on how to return a product purchased at the Apple Store please visit the Returns & Refunds page.
The purchase and use of an iPhone is subject to terms and conditions found at: http://www.apple.com/legal/sla/ and http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/. In addition, by purchasing an iPhone, you expressly acknowledge that:
- A wireless service plan is required to activate all iPhone features.
- Making unauthorized modifications to the software on an iPhone violates the iPhone software license agreement. The common term for modifying an iPhone is jail-breaking, with a particular emphasis on the second part of that term. That’s why we strongly, almost emphatically, recommend that you do not do so. Really. Should you be unable to use your iPhone due to an unauthorized software modification, its repair will not be covered under the warranty.
- Apple may, in its sole discretion, refuse or cancel any order and limit order quantity. Apple may require additional qualifying information prior to accepting or processing any order.
Some Apple products utilize wireless services that may incur extra costs and are governed by the terms of a separate agreement between you and your selected wireless service provider.
Pricing and Price Reductions/Corrections
With regards to pricing, Apple reserves the right to change prices for products displayed at/on the Apple Store at any time, and to correct pricing errors that may inadvertently occur. Additional information about pricing and sales tax is available on the Payment & Security page.
Should Apple reduce its price on any Apple-branded product within 14 calendar days from the date you receive your product, feel free to contact the Apple Contact Center at 1800-692-7753 to request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Apple within 14 calendar days of the price change. Please note that this excludes limited-time price reductions, such as those that occur during special sales events. Price protection is only available for up to 10 units of a particular product. Additionally, we may require that you have the product with you or otherwise have proof of possession when requesting price protection.
Order Acceptance/Confirmation For Online and Call Center Purchases
Once we receive your order, we’ll provide you with an email order confirmation. Your receipt of an order confirmation, however, does not signify Apple’s acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell; we are simply confirming that we received your order. The Apple Store reserves the right at any time after receiving your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. If Apple cancels an order after you have already been billed, Apple will refund the billed amount.
Shipping & Delivery
Please review the Shipping & Delivery page to learn about how and when you will receive the products you purchased from the Apple Store. Since the actual delivery of your order can be impacted by many events beyond Apple’s control once it leaves our facilities, Apple cannot be held liable for late deliveries. We will, however, work with you to ensure a smooth delivery.
Shopping outside Singapore
There are more than 20 Apple Online Stores in countries around the globe. The Apple Online Store Singapore ships only within Singapore. We do not ship to freight forwarders. If you would like to purchase Apple products from outside Singapore, please see our International Store Directory to find out if an Apple Online Store serves your country.
The Apple Store sells and ships products to end-user customers only. You may not purchase products at the Apple Store for resale, and we reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order if we suspect you are doing so. And we’re pretty good at figuring that out . . .
Those eligible to purchase from the Apple Store for Education Individuals include faculty, staff, students and parents as follows:
- Kindergartens, Primary schools, Secondary schools - Any employee of a public or private kindergartens, Primary or Secondary schools is eligible. In addition, school board members who are currently serving as elected or appointed members are eligible, PTA or PTO executives currently serving as elected or appointed officers, staff of Ministry of Education are eligible.
- Universities, Polytechnics, Junior Colleges and Institutes of Technical Education - Faculty and staff of Universities, Polytechnics, Junior Colleges or Institutes of Technical Education in Singapore; and students attending, or accepted into Universities, Polytechnics, Junior Colleges or Institutes of Technical Education in Singapore are eligible to purchase.
- Universities, Polytechnics, Junior Colleges and Institutes of Technical Education - Parents purchasing on behalf of their child, who is a student currently attending or accepted into a into a Universities, Polytechnics, Junior Colleges and Institutes of Technical Education in Singapore, are eligible to purchase.
Purchases from the Apple Store for Education Individuals are not for institutional purchase or resale.
Quantity limitation for Education customers:
Faculty, Staff and Students purchasing from the Apple Store for Education Individuals will be allowed to purchase the following quantities of product per academic school year:
- Desktop: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
- Mac mini: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
- Notebook: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
- iPad: Two (2) may be purchased per academic year
- Display: A maximum of two (2) may be purchased per academic year
- Software: A maximum of two (2) per software title may be purchased per academic year
- Apple TV: There is no limit on the quantity of Apple TV purchases per academic year
- iPod: There is no limit on the quantity of iPod purchases per academic year
Education customers audit rights
Apple routinely audits the purchases of customers at the Apple Store for Education to insure that only eligible purchases have ordered and that all purchase conditions have been observed. Should an audit disclose after delivery (or should Apple otherwise discover) that you were not an eligible purchaser at the time you placed your order or that you have not observed all of the conditions applicable to your purchase, you authorize Apple:
- If you placed your order by credit card, to charge to your credit card the difference between the amount you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the same goods at the Apple Store, in effect on the date that you placed your order; and
- If you paid by a means other than credit card, to (a) invoice you for the difference between the amount that you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the same goods at the Apple Store, payable in fifteen days from the date of the invoice, and (b), should you fail to pay the invoice when due, institute legal action against you in a court of competent jurisdiction, with the prevailing party entitled to attorneys' fees.
- Should Apple not offer to the general public the specific products that you purchased at the Apple Store for education, your credit card will be charged or you will be invoiced the difference between the amount you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the closest equivalent goods at the Apple Store, in effect on the date that you placed your order.
Singapore Sales Only
The Apple Store accepts orders from billing addresses within Singapore. Apple will not ship products purchased at the Apple Store to an address outside of Singapore.
This contract is subject to applicable export control laws. You may not export any product purchased from the Apple Store to another country if prohibited by export control laws. If you do plan to export an Apple product to another country, you must obtain any legally required export licences (or other government approvals) prior to doing so.
Product Availability and Limitations
Given the popularity and/or supply constraints of some of our products, Apple may have to limit the number of products available for purchase. Trust us, we’re building them as fast as we can. Apple reserves the right to change quantities available for purchase at any time, even after you place an order. Furthermore, there may be occasions when Apple confirms your order but subsequently learns that it cannot supply the ordered product. In the event we cannot supply a product you ordered, Apple will cancel the order and refund your purchase price in full.
The Payment & Security page describes the various methods you can use to pay for products at the Apple Store. The Apple Online Store also allows you to pay via Express Checkout. By activating and using Express Checkout, you agree to all of the terms set forth in this Sales Policy. Please note that if you use a public computer or otherwise share a computer with other users, you should turn off Express Checkout when you leave the computer. Or you may end up buying far more than you expected.