Choose a topic:
- Are my Credit card details secure?
- What Credit cards can I pay with?
- Why was my credit card payment not processed?
- My credit card was declined, can I re-authorise it?
- Can I change my billing address?
- What if the shipping address differs from the billing address?
- Can I place an order using a foreign credit card?
Are my Credit card details secure?
The security of Apple Store servers is closely monitored to prevent any unauthorised disclosure or use of credit card numbers and to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. The Apple Store uses the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) industry standard, the highest level of security available today for web-secured applications. SSL relies on a pair of public an private key technologies provided by Verisign, Inc. and based on a 40-bit encryption algorithm developed by RSA Data Security, Inc.
What Credit cards can I pay with?
- American Express
Why was my credit card payment not processed?
Your credit card company may have declined authorisation to debit your card due to one of the below mentioned reasons. If such a situation arises, we will inform you of this via email:
- there may be a credit limit on your account
- the incorrect card type, number or expiry date was accidentally selected when placing the order
- there were dashes or spaces in the account number that could not be recognised
- a simple administrative step taken when the card holder is not present to sign for the transaction
- your card may be recently issued and has not yet been activated
My credit card was declined, can I re-authorise it?
If your order was not authorised online, please confirm you have correctly entered your credit card details and place your order again. If you still have difficulties please contact your credit card company to make them aware of your order. If you have already received an order number but were informed by Apple that your card was declined, you can request re-authorisation or enter new credit card details online via our Self Service website
Apple will also continue to try reauthorising your card for 4 consecutive days, if this was unsuccessful, we will cancel your order and notify you by email. Unfortunately once your order has been cancelled, it cannot be reactivated.
Can I change my billing address?
Your billing address is the registered address that your credit card company holds. Please ensure that your billing address is correct at the time of placing your order. Once your order has been accepted by Apple your billing address cannot be changed as it would have already been authorised by your credit card company.
What if the shipping address differs from the billing address?
If your billing and shipping addresses differ and you are paying by credit card, you may be asked for additional documentation before Apple can process your order. Please note we can only deliver within the same country that you are ordering from.
Can I place an order using a foreign credit card?
If your purchase is made on the Apple Online Store using a credit/debit card from a country other than the country of the Apple Online Store you are purchasing from, then Apple will charge your card in the local currency of the Store. Your card statement will display the local currency that the purchase was made in and the conversion value to the card currency. The foreign exchange rate will be calculated at the time of purchase.