MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter
The MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter allows you to use the MagSafe connector on your LED Cinema Display, Thunderbolt Display, or MagSafe Power Adapter to charge your MagSafe 2-equipped Mac computer.
What’s in the Box
Apple MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter
24-inch Apple LED Cinema Display
27-inch Apple LED Cinema Display
Apple Thunderbolt Display
Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter
Apple 85W MagSafe Power Adapter
MacBook Pro with Retina display
MacBook Air with MagSafe 2 power port
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015 - 2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012 - 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012 - 2015)
Answers from the community
Will this work with a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)?
- Asked by BRENDA F from PARKVILLE
- on 17 Sep 2016
Yes, this will convert any MagSafe 1 connection to the MagSafe Connection found on all 13" and 15" M Yes, this will convert any MagSafe 1 connection to the MagSafe Connection found on all 13" and 15" MacBook Pro Retina models.
- Answered by Aaron D from Thurgoona
- on 23 Oct 2016
Do I need a new 85w magsafe adapter (15" macbook pro late 2011 if white plastic wire cover has 1/4" slit open at junction of wire and adapter?
- Asked by Jayne C from Sedona
- on 10 Jul 2018
Could I use this converter with a 85W Magsafe 1 charger to charge a 2014 Macbook Pro Retina 13" that normally uses a 60W charger?
- Asked by Jacob S from West Bloomfield
- on 22 May 2015
Hi Jacob, yes you can!
- Answered by Henk K from Palo Alto
- on 27 Aug 2015
Might be a "duh" question, but it wouldn't work on a 2008, 17" MacBook Pro would it???
- Asked by shaina H from Richond
- on 2 Oct 2012
How long is the warranty on this item?
- Asked by ETHAN K from Astoria
- on 13 Aug 2014
How do I convert from 110 wattage to 220 wattage?
- Asked by Renae P from Surprise
- on 6 Nov 2015
All Apple rechargers will take either 110 or 220 power. Just get a adaptor for the Ugandan plug and All Apple rechargers will take either 110 or 220 power. Just get a adaptor for the Ugandan plug and plug in your recharger.
- Answered by Max R from OAKLAND
- on 24 Nov 2015