Sales and Refund Policy
Thanks for shopping at Apple. We appreciate the fact that you like to buy the cool stuff we build. We also want to make sure you have a rewarding experience while you’re exploring, evaluating, and purchasing our products, whether you’re at the Apple Online Store, in an Apple Retail Store, or on the phone with the Apple Contact Center. (To make it visually easier on both of us, we’ll refer to these entities as the “Apple Store” in this policy.)
We fundamentally believe you will be thrilled with the products you purchase from the Apple Store. That’s because we go out of our way to ensure that they’re designed and built to be just what you need. We understand, however, that sometimes a product may not be what you expected it to be. In that unlikely event, we invite you to review the following terms related to returning a product.
For iPhone returns, you may return your undamaged iPhone with its included accessories within 15 days of purchase for a full refund. Here’s the important part: returning your iPhone may not automatically cancel or reset your wireless account; you are responsible for your wireless service agreement and for any applicable fees associated with your wireless account. Please contact your provider for more information.
For any other undamaged product, simply return it with the original receipt (or gift receipt) and original packaging within 15 days of the date you receive the product. If the item is returned within this timeframe, we’ll exchange it or offer a refund based upon the original payment method. For returns to an Apple Retail Store for cash, cash equivalent, and cheque transactions over $750, Apple will mail a refund cheque to you within 10 business days. Please note the following:
- Products can be returned only in the country in which they were originally purchased.
- The following products are not eligible for return: electronic software downloads, subscriptions to the Software-Up-To-Date program, Apple Gift Cards, and any Apple Developer Connection products.
- In the case of items returned with a gift receipt, Apple will offer you an Apple Gift Card equal to the purchase price of the gift, including tax and any other fees.
- Opened software cannot be returned if it contained a seal with the software license on the outside of the package and you could read the software license before opening its packaging. As an exception, you may return Apple-branded software if you do not agree to the licensing terms; however, you may not retain or otherwise use any copies of returned software. It’s not legal… and it’s not nice.
- Apple provides security features to enable you to protect your product in case of loss or theft. If these features have been activated and cannot be disabled by the person in possession of the phone, Apple may refuse the return or exchange.
For complete details on how to return a product purchased at the Apple Store please visit the Returns & Refunds page.
The purchase and use of an iPhone is subject to terms and conditions found at: https://www.apple.com/legal/sla/ and https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/. In addition, by purchasing an iPhone, you expressly acknowledge that:
- A wireless service plan is required to activate all iPhone features.
- Making unauthorized modifications to the software on an iPhone violates the iPhone software license agreement. The common term for modifying an iPhone is jail-breaking, with a particular emphasis on the second part of that term. That’s why we strongly, almost emphatically, recommend that you do not do so. Really. Should you be unable to use your iPhone due to an unauthorized software modification, its repair will not be covered under the warranty.
- Apple may, in its sole discretion, refuse or cancel any order and limit order quantity. Apple may require additional qualifying information prior to accepting or processing any order.
Some Apple products utilize wireless services that may incur extra costs and are governed by the terms of a separate agreement between you and your selected wireless service provider.
Pricing and Price Reductions/Corrections
With regards to pricing, Apple reserves the right to change prices for products displayed at/on the Apple Store at any time, and to correct pricing errors that may inadvertently occur. Additional information about pricing and sales tax is available on the Payment & Pricing page. In the event you have been charged more than the posted price for a product in an Apple Retail Store, please see a Manager for a refund of the overcharge.
Should Apple reduce its price on any Apple-branded product within 15 calendar days from the date you receive your product, feel free to visit an Apple Retail Store or contact the Apple Contact Center at 1-800-676-2775 to request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Apple within 15 calendar days of the price change. Please note that this excludes limited-time price reductions, such as those that occur during special sales events (such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Thrifty Thursday… okay, we made that last one up).
Order Acceptance/Confirmation For Online and Call Center Purchases
Once we receive your order, we’ll provide you with an email order confirmation. Your receipt of an order confirmation, however, does not signify Apple’s acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell; we are simply confirming that we received your order. The Apple Store reserves the right at any time after receiving your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. If Apple cancels an order after you have already been billed, Apple will refund the billed amount.
Shipping & Delivery
Please review the Shipping & Pickup page to learn about how and when you will receive the products you purchased from the Apple Store. Since the actual delivery of your order can be impacted by many events beyond Apple’s control once it leaves our facilities, Apple cannot be held liable for late deliveries. We will, however, work with you to ensure a smooth delivery.
The Apple Store sells and ships products to end-user customers only. You may not purchase products at the Apple Store for resale, and we reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order if we suspect you are doing so. And we’re pretty good at figuring that out…
Canadian Sales Only
The Apple Store accepts orders from billing addresses within Canada. Apple will not ship products purchased at the Apple Store to an address outside of Canada. Please click here to find an Apple Store outside of Canada. Apple products are subject to Canadian, U.S. and foreign export control laws and regulations and must be purchased, sold, exported, re-exported, transferred, and used in compliance with such export laws and regulations.
Product Availability and Limitations
Given the popularity and/or supply constraints of some of our products, Apple may have to limit the number of products available for purchase. Trust us, we’re building them as fast as we can. Apple reserves the right to change quantities available for purchase at any time, even after you place an order. Furthermore, there may be occasions when Apple confirms your order but subsequently learns that it cannot supply the ordered product. In the event we cannot supply a product you ordered, Apple will cancel the order and refund your purchase price in full.
The Payment & Pricing page describes the various methods you can use to pay for products at the Apple Store. The Apple Online Store also allows you to pay via Express Checkout. By activating and using Express Checkout, you agree to all of the terms set forth in this Sales Policy. Please note that if you use a public computer or otherwise share a computer with other users, you should turn off Express Checkout when you leave the computer. Or you may end up buying far more than you expected.
For Apple Store Gift Card Terms and Conditions, please visit https://www.apple.com/legal/giftcards/applestore/.