Questions & Answers
The Apple Online Store presents questions and answers asked and answered by actual visitors. This service is a great way to get specific, detailed product information from our community of visitors.
You may browse and read questions and answers without logging in, but if you want to post or answer a question, you will need to log in with an Apple ID, a unique user ID that allows you to access various Apple resources. For more information, see the Apple ID FAQ (Opens in a new window) page.
To participate in Q&A, you must agree to and abide by the — our set of "House Rules."
Submitting Questions and Answers
You are encouraged to ask any product related question that helps you with your buying decision. Here are a few of the most important principles to keep in mind when you’re writing a question or answer:
- You are most likely to get an accurate and useful response if you are specific, clear, and concise in asking and answering questions.
- Avoid profanity, and do not post contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- Avoid questions about non-product related issues such as service and support, resellers, shipping, sales policies, other Apple partners or Apple topics not directly related to the product. Q&A is a place for asking and answering questions about the product's features or functionality.
- Avoid technical support questions that refer to repairs or fixing a product that has stopped functioning. You can post those in the Apple Support Discussions.
- Avoid harmful or illegal advice as well as any speculation about future products or enhancements.
- For a full description of our community guidelines, including why certain content may not be posted, please review our .
Product Support Questions
Because the goal of Q&A is to help our visitors make informed buying decisions, it is not the right place for product support or "fix it" types of questions. If you have questions relating to product support, please visit the Apple Support Discussions.
When Your Question or Answer Will be Posted
Questions and answers will typically be posted on our site within 1 business day after they are received. When a question or answer is posted it becomes visible to other visitors who can then start responding to it.
If your submission is not visible within 1 business day, it was probably not posted due to a violation of our guidelines. In these cases we encourage you to review our and resubmit an updated version of your question or answer.
Following a Question
There are two ways to receive email alerts when new answers are posted for a particular question. You can choose to "follow" the question as part of the process for submitting a question. You may also "follow" the question by submitting your email address at the bottom the Q&A page for that question.
To stop receiving email alerts regarding a question, click the link that appears at the bottom of any Q&A email. You will be taken to a page that allows you to stop following that particular question or all Q&A questions.
Voting for the Best Answer
The Best Answer is calculated using a variety of measurable actions by the community. The calculation is primarily based on how many people found an answer useful, but other factors are considered as well.
Keep in mind that Apple does not confirm or verify the accuracy of the Best Answer or any other answer on the site.
Most Interesting Questions
Questions are determined to be interesting if they have a lot of activity. This includes things like the number of answers submitted to the question, the number of useful votes that those answers receive and the number of times people click on that question. All of this activity surrounding a question contributes toward its "interestingness" ranking.