Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
The Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter lets you easily connect to a high-performance Gigabit Ethernet network. Small and compact, it connects to the Thunderbolt port on your Mac computer and provides an RJ-45 port that supports 10/100/1000BASE-T networks.
What’s in the Box
Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter with built-in Thunderbolt cable
OS X v10.7.4 or later
Thunderbolt-equipped Mac computer
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015 - 2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012 - 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012 - 2015)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014 - 2015)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- Mac mini (Late 2014)
Answers from the community
Is this Thunderbolt compatible with the 2017 MacBook Pro Type-C Thunderbolt connections?
- Asked by Anthony S from Riverhead
- on 2 Mar 2018
Does this adapter support 10 gigabit ethernet?
No answers yet
- Asked by Peter S from Austin
- on 9 Nov 2019
Can the Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter be daisy-chained to a mac (e.g. via the LG UltraFine 4K Display that has two Thunderbolt-3 ports)?
- Asked by Simon H from Sevenoaks
- on 17 Sep 2019
Can I use this to connect an (old) iMac via its ethernet port to an external thunderbolt hard drive?
- Asked by Andrew M from Glossop
- on 1 Aug 2012
No you can't do that. The adaptor is designed to be used the other way around as it doesn't convert No you can't do that. The adaptor is designed to be used the other way around as it doesn't convert the signal but instead passes it on the the PCI controller to do. There currently isn't any way that i know of to connect a thunderbolt accessory to a non thunderbolt mac.
- Answered by Tomm A from Christchurch
- on 4 Aug 2012
Can Thunderbolt Ethernet Adapter be downstream connected to any Thunderbolt peripheral so Ethernet is available on connect to Thunderbolt accessory
- Asked by Harry P from Fresno
- on 12 Jun 2012
Yes. It worked for me with a MacBook air (2011) and thunderbolt display.
1 Answer(Can Thunderbolt Ethernet Adapter be downstream connected to any Thunderbolt peripheral so Ethernet is available on connect to Thunderbolt accessory)
- Answered by Andrew S from New York
- on 13 Jun 2012
Does it work with a 15" MacBook Pro mid-2015?
- Asked by Simon L from Shortstown
- on 6 Sep 2018
Yes, I use one frequently
- Answered by Jamie B from Brownton
- on 30 Nov 2018