Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter
Easily connect your Thunderbolt-equipped Mac to a FireWire device with the Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter. Small and compact, it connects to the Thunderbolt port on your Mac computer, giving you a FireWire 800 port that supplies up to 7W for bus-powered peripherals like hard drives and audio devices.
What’s in the Box
Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter with built-in Thunderbolt cable
OS X v10.7.4 or later
Thunderbolt-equipped Mac computer
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015 - 2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012 - 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012 - 2015)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014 - 2015)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- Mac mini (Late 2014)
Answers from the community
How do I connect Thunderbolt 3/USB-C (2019 iMac) to Firewire 800 (2010 iMac)?
- Asked by Kevin G from Waldport
- on 5 Apr 2020
is this the same as thunderbolt 2 connection? Late 2015 imac 27" is thunderbolt 2.. I need to transfer old files off an old drive.
- Asked by Anthony M from Sacramento
- on 11 Jun 2020
will i be able to use this cable to connect a firewire isight camera to a mac mini
- Asked by Jim H from Severna Park
- on 26 Apr 2020
I need to connect my Motu Traveller Audio interface which is Firewire 400 to my 2017 iMac which is Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C). Are 3 adaptors necessary?
1 Answer(I need to connect my Motu Traveller Audio interface which is Firewire 400 to my 2017 iMac which is Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C). Are 3 adaptors necessary?)
- Asked by Christopher C from DUNDEE
- on 13 Apr 2020