Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Every Mac with a Mini DisplayPort allows you to connect an external display or projector using an adapter. You can use an external display as your main workspace or to extend your desktop, or you can work in mirrored mode with a projector so you can view what your audience sees.
Use the Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter to connect your Mac to a standard analogue monitor, projector, or LCD that uses a VGA connector or cable. Review the documentation or check with the manufacturer of your monitor to make sure you're choosing the right adapter.
Compatible with Mac computers with Mini DisplayPort and Thunderbolt ports
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015 - 2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012 - 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012 - 2015)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014 - 2015)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- Mac mini (Late 2014)
Answers from the community
Will Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter work with my macbook Air 13'
- Asked by Champika T from Avissawella
- on 8 Jul 2016
Yes, this adaptor will work with any Mac that had a Mini DisplayPort. As long as your Mac is fairly Yes, this adaptor will work with any Mac that had a Mini DisplayPort. As long as your Mac is fairly new (within the past 5 years), it'll work.
- Answered by Stephen R from Cave creek
- on 6 Sep 2016
what cable do i use to connect my 2014 MacBook Pro Retina to an external monitor
- Asked by Joseph L from WINSTON SALEM
- on 28 Dec 2014
Found this in support:
1. Can I connect a Mini DisplayPort monitor or monitor using a Mini Displa Found this in support:
1. Can I connect a Mini DisplayPort monitor or monitor using a Mini DisplayPort adapter to a Thunderbolt port on my Thunderbolt-equipped Mac?
Yes. A Mini DisplayPort display or a display connecting with a Mini DisplayPort to VGA, DVI, or HDMI adapter will work just like it was connecting to a Mini DisplayPort connector when plugging in directly to the Thunderbolt connector on your Apple computer. Click here for more information on Mini DisplayPort connections and adapters.
- Answered by Lynne C from Edinburg
- on 2 Feb 2015
Does the 27 inch Mac hav a mini display port?
No answers yet
- Asked by Perry G from Carmel
- on 16 Apr 2019
can i use a vga splitter so i can support up to 2 external monitors cos i would really want to and if i cant then it would be the last straw
- Asked by sam K from stoke poges
- on 25 Feb 2010
I agree - you end up with the same image/work on each screen with no independent function. However I agree - you end up with the same image/work on each screen with no independent function. However I am in touch with Matrox a US company who have a hub which would enable 2 or 3 screens to be run off one thunderbolt port and the screens including the MBP retina screen will be able to be used independently or have work spread across all simultaneously.
1 Answer(can i use a vga splitter so i can support up to 2 external monitors cos i would really want to and if i cant then it would be the last straw)
- Answered by Kenny F from Kirkcaldy
- on 5 Oct 2013
Will this allow me to use a MacBook Pro with a data projector?
- Asked by Anonymous A from XXXXXXXXXX
- on 1 Oct 2009
- Answered by Bryce B from RANGIORA
- on 4 Oct 2009
Will an XBOX360 with a VGA cable work with this Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter on a 27" iMac?
- Asked by Anonymous A from XXXXXXXX
- on 27 Oct 2009