Apple offers the iPhone Upgrade Programme described below under the following terms and conditions (“Terms & Conditions”). When you enrol in an iPhone Upgrade Programme, you are agreeing to these Terms & Conditions.
iPhone Upgrade Programme. The iPhone Upgrade Programme is available to eligible customers and consists of the purchase of an eligible iPhone, an AppleCare+ insurance policy for iPhone, and includes an option to upgrade to a new eligible iPhone pursuant to the conditions set forth in Section 2 below.
Instalment Loan. You will be required to apply for and enter into a 20-month 0% APR instalment loan (“Instalment Loan”) for the price of the eligible iPhone (“Financed iPhone”) and the cost of the premium for AppleCare+ for iPhone (“Financed AppleCare+”) minus the Upfront Payment (as defined below). You will enter into the Instalment Loan with Apple’s bank partner, Barclays Partner Finance, a trading name of Clydesdale Financial Services Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Bank PLC, (“Bank”). Additional terms and conditions required by the Bank apply.
- UK bank account. To enrol in the iPhone Upgrade Programme you will need a valid and eligible UK bank account. Your use of your bank account is subject to the terms and conditions in your bank account agreement.
- UK resident. To enrol in the iPhone Upgrade Programme you must be at least 18 years old and have been a UK resident or BFPO for the last three (3) years.
- Upfront Payment. At the time of purchase, you will pay an Upfront Payment. The Upfront Payment will be deducted from the total cost of the iPhone with the remainder, together with the premium for your Financed AppleCare+, comprising the financed amount for the Instalment Loan.
- Taxes. All applicable taxes due on the purchase of the Financed iPhone and Financed AppleCare+ are included in your instalment payments.
- Subsequent Instalment Payments. At the time of purchase, you will set up a direct debit to pay the monthly instalments towards your Instalment Loan and your bank account will be automatically charged monthly by the Bank.
- Bank Account Interest and other fees. You will be charged 0% APR on the Instalment Loan. However, your bank account may charge you interest or other fees under the terms and conditions in your bank account agreement. This may include any applicable interest on overdraft balances.
- AppleCare+. The iPhone Upgrade Programme includes the purchase of AppleCare+ and is subject to the AppleCare+ Terms and Conditions. For your own benefit it is important that you read the Terms and Conditions of Sale, the AppleCare+ Terms and Conditions, the Key Facts Document and the Initial Disclosure Document. The cost of the AppleCare+ premium is included in the Instalment Loan.
- Upgrade Option. The option to upgrade (“Upgrade Option”) gives you the option to upgrade to a new eligible iPhone as explained in Section 2 below.
- Instalment Loan. You will be required to apply for and enter into a 20-month 0% APR instalment loan (“Instalment Loan”) for the price of the eligible iPhone (“Financed iPhone”) and the cost of the premium for AppleCare+ for iPhone (“Financed AppleCare+”) minus the Upfront Payment (as defined below). You will enter into the Instalment Loan with Apple’s bank partner, Barclays Partner Finance, a trading name of Clydesdale Financial Services Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Bank PLC, (“Bank”). Additional terms and conditions required by the Bank apply.
Conditions for Upgrade Option. You may exercise your Upgrade Option to purchase a new eligible iPhone, subject to availability, if all of the following conditions are satisfied:
- Payments. You have paid at least eleven (11) monthly instalment payments under your Instalment Loan plus the Upfront Payment;
- Instalment Loan. Your account with the Bank is in good standing under the terms of your Instalment Loan; and
- AppleCare+. You have kept your Financed AppleCare+ policy in force throughout the term of your Instalment Loan.
Exercising your Upgrade Option. To exercise your Upgrade Option you must:
Trade in your Financed iPhone in good physical and operational condition, as directed by Apple; and
Enrol in a new iPhone Upgrade Programme which includes:
- agreeing to purchase a new AppleCare+ Policy;
- paying a further Upfront Payment; and
- applying for and entering into a new 20-month 0% APR instalment loan (“New Instalment Loan”) with the Bank.
You must also meet the same eligibility requirements as when you first enrolled in the iPhone Upgrade Programme, set out in section 1 above.
- Timing. You must exercise your Upgrade Option prior to the expiration date of your Instalment Loan.
- Termination of Original Instalment Loan After Exercising Upgrade Option. Upon successfully exercising your Upgrade Option, entering into a New Instalment Loan, and completing your Upfront Payment on your New Instalment Loan with the Bank as outlined above, Apple will pay any remaining balance due under your original Instalment Loan on your behalf to the Bank, and the Bank will consider your original Instalment Loan to be paid in full. Your original AppleCare+ policy will be cancelled and a new AppleCare+ policy issued to you. Subsequent monthly payments will be made under the terms of your New Instalment Loan, subject to the conditions of “Return of New, Upgraded iPhone After Exercising Upgrade Option” as set forth below.
- Prompt Return of Financed iPhone. If you exercise your Upgrade Option and do not return your original Financed iPhone as directed by Apple your original Instalment Loan will be reinstated and you will be responsible for any missed and/or remaining instalment payments, as well as any instalment payments under your New Instalment Loan.
Condition of Financed iPhone when Exercising your Upgrade Option. As noted above, your Financed iPhone must be in good physical and operational condition when exercising your Upgrade Option as determined solely by Apple or Apple’s Trade-In Partner (“Trade-In Partner”). For a Financed iPhone to be considered in good physical and operational condition, the Financed iPhone must:
- Power on and hold a charge;
- Have an intact and functioning display;
- Have no breaks or cracks; and
- Have Activation Lock disabled (you may be asked to disable at the time of upgrade).
- Repairs or replacements under AppleCare+. If your Financed iPhone is not in good physical and operational condition, you may wish to claim under your Financed AppleCare+ policy. This may require you to pay a claims excess. If you have already exhausted your rights under your Financed AppleCare+ policy, the necessary repair or replacement is not covered by AppleCare+, or you do not wish to claim under your Financed AppleCare+ policy, you must have your Financed iPhone repaired at an Apple Store or through an Apple Authorized Service Provider at the prevailing service rates, or, depending on the extent of repairs needed, pay the prevailing out of warranty replacement cost of the Financed iPhone.
- Lost or Stolen iPhone. If your Financed iPhone is lost or stolen, you will not be eligible for the Upgrade Option. AppleCare+ does not cover loss or theft of your iPhone. In the event your Financed iPhone is lost or stolen, contact AppleCare at: 0800 107 6285.
- Eligible iPhone Availability. Purchase of a new eligible iPhone is subject to availability at the time you exercise your Upgrade Option. Depending on the eligible iPhone model chosen, your monthly instalment payment may change.
- Conditions for Upgrade Option. You may exercise your Upgrade Option to purchase a new eligible iPhone, subject to availability, if all of the following conditions are satisfied:
- Trade in of Financed iPhone. Apple may use a Trade-In Partner to facilitate the trade in of your Financed iPhone. Upon exercising your Upgrade Option, title and ownership of the Financed iPhone transfers to Apple or the Trade-In Partner, and you disclaim any further right, title or interest in and to the Financed iPhone, and assign to Apple the right to collect from the Trade-In Partner, where applicable, the value of the Financed iPhone, in exchange for Apple paying the balance of your original Instalment Loan on your behalf to the Bank. Apple or the Trade-In Partner may amend or supplement the terms and conditions that govern the trade in of your Financed iPhone.
- Data on the Financed iPhone. You are solely responsible for removing all data, including confidential and personal data, from the Financed iPhone prior to the trade-in. It is your sole responsibility to back-up any files or data from your Financed iPhone that you wish to retain prior to trading-in your Financed iPhone. Data recovery is not a part of the iPhone Upgrade Programme and neither Apple nor the Trade-In Partner accept any responsibility or liability for any lost files or data.
- Return of New, Upgraded iPhone After Exercising Upgrade Option. Should you exercise the Upgrade Option and subsequently return your new, upgraded iPhone under the terms of Apple’s Sales and Refunds Policy, the Financed iPhone that you traded in will not be returned to you and the New Instalment Loan associated with your new, upgraded iPhone will be terminated.
- Termination of your Instalment Loan and Cancellation of Financed AppleCare+. You understand that you have purchased AppleCare+ with funds borrowed from the Bank under an Instalment Loan. If the Instalment Loan is terminated, you must cancel your Financed AppleCare+ policy by contacting AppleCare at: 0800 107 6285. If you do not cancel AppleCare+ on your own, you agree that the Bank is permitted to cancel AppleCare+ on your behalf. In any such event, any refund due on your Financed AppleCare+ will be paid to the Bank as a payment toward any amount owed by you to the Bank. If the Financed AppleCare+ refunded amount is greater than the amount owed on the Instalment Loan, the Bank will pay the balance to the bank account you used to enrol in the iPhone Upgrade Programme.
- Cancellation of Financed AppleCare+. If during the term of your Instalment Loan you cancel your Financed AppleCare+ policy associated with your iPhone Upgrade Programme or if it is cancelled in accordance with the AppleCare+ Terms and Conditions, any refund due on your Financed AppleCare+ will be paid to the Bank as a payment toward any amount owed by you to the Bank. If the AppleCare+ refunded amount is greater than the amount owed on the Instalment Loan, the Bank will pay the balance to the bank account you used to enrol in the iPhone Upgrade Programme.
- Extended Fraud Alert. If you have placed an extended fraud alert on your credit, your identity must be verified by Bank before you can enrol in the iPhone Upgrade Programme.
- Credit check required. The iPhone Upgrade Programme is available to eligible end-user customers only.
- An eligible iPhone includes iPhones that are designated for inclusion in the iPhone Upgrade Programme by Apple.
- The iPhone Upgrade Programme cannot be combined with any other promotions, discounts, or offers (“Offers”), unless specifically provided for in the Offers terms and conditions.
- Enrolment limits may apply.
- If any provision (or part of any provision) of these Terms & Conditions is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under any applicable law, such term shall, insofar as it is severable from the remaining terms, be deemed omitted from these Terms & Conditions and shall in no way affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remaining terms.
- You should keep copies of these Terms & Conditions and any sales receipt or other materials relevant to your purchase of the Financed iPhone, the AppleCare+ policy and Instalment Loan for your records. Apple reserves the right to substitute, change, cancel or add to any part of these Terms & Conditions at any time, including terminating the iPhone Upgrade Programme or modifying the AppleCare+ for iPhone Terms & Conditions. Visit https://www.apple.com/uk/legal/sales-support/iphoneupgrade_uk/ for the most current Terms & Conditions. In the event the iPhone Upgrade Programme is terminated, you will still be responsible for any outstanding balances due under the terms of your Instalment Loan with the Bank.
- Contingent upon product availability.
- iPhone Upgrade Programme may not be available in all locations.
- iPhone Upgrade Programme eligibility and approval is not transferrable.
- For questions about your Instalment Loan or your application, please contact Barclays at 0800 15 22 888.
iPhone Upgrade Programme UK