Sales & Refund Policy for Education Individuals
Those eligible to purchase from the Apple Store for Education are as follows:
- a full time or part time student aged 18 or over with a current student union card or student identification card and studying at an accredited New Zealand university or other Apple approved institution;
- or a lecturer or staff member at an accredited New Zealand university; or
- a teacher or lecturer working at an Apple approved and registered education establishment within New Zealand.
Additionally, products purchased from the Apple Store for Education must be for your own personal, education, or research use.
We may require evidence of your eligibility. We reserve the right to cancel some of or part of your order if we become aware that you are not a student, teacher or lecturer as set out above or if your purchases are not for your own personal, education, or research use. If we cancel your order in these circumstances, we will inform you in writing and refund any money that you may have paid.
Apple may approve and register an education establishment in its sole discretion.
Those eligible to purchase from the Apple Store for Education will be allowed to purchase the following quantities of product per academic school year. Not all products have special Education Pricing.
- Desktop: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
- Mac mini: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
- Notebook: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
- iPad: Two (2) may be purchased per academic year
- Software: A maximum of two (2) per software title may be purchased per academic year
The above purchases can be made either online, in an Apple Retail Store, or through your Authorised Campus Reseller. Total product quantities remain the same regardless of where your purchase is made.
Standard Return Policy
We fundamentally believe you will be thrilled with the products you purchase from the Apple Store. That’s because we go out of our way to ensure that they’re designed and built to be just what you need. We understand, however, that sometimes a product may not be what you expected it to be. In that event, we invite you to review the following terms related to returning a product.
Importantly, the rights described in this policy are in addition to the statutory rights to which you may be entitled under New Zealand consumer law. For a summary of the statutory rights please see here.
Please note there may be limitations on your right to return and obtain a refund for products, however these limits will always be subject to your statutory rights.
For any undamaged product, simply return it with its included accessories and packaging along with the original receipt (or gift receipt) and original packaging within 14 days of the date you receive the product and we’ll exchange it or offer a refund based upon the original payment method. However, please note that we will only remit refunds to a New Zealand bank account where the name of the bank account holder matches the payor’s name/information. Please also note that we only remit refunds domestically and cannot remit refunds outside of New Zealand. In addition, please note the following:
- Products can be returned only in the country or region in which they were originally purchased.
- Except where required under the New Zealand consumer law or other applicable consumer protection laws or regulations, for example, if a product is not of acceptable quality such that a defect is present when or after you take delivery of a product, the following products are not eligible for return: electronic software downloads, subscriptions to the Software-Up-To-Date program, Apple Gift Cards, and any Apple Developer products.
- In the case of items returned with a gift receipt, Apple will offer you an Apple Gift Card equal to the purchase price of the gift, including tax and any other fees.
- Except where required under the New Zealand consumer law or other applicable consumer protection laws or regulations, for example, if a product is not of acceptable quality such that a defect is present when or after you take delivery of a product, opened software cannot be returned if it contained a seal with the software license on the outside of the package and you could read the software license before opening its packaging. As an exception, you may return Apple- branded software if you do not agree to the licensing terms; however, you may not retain or otherwise use any copies of returned software.
- Should you wish to return ten or more of the same product, you must return to the Apple Store where originally purchased.
- Apple provides security features to enable you to protect your product in case of loss or theft. If these features have been activated and cannot be disabled by the person in possession of the phone or iPad, Apple may refuse the return or exchange.
For complete details on how to return a product purchased at the Apple Store please visit the Return & Refund page.
iPhone, iPad and Watch Returns - Wireless Service Cancellation
Wireless carriers have different service cancellation policies. Returning your iPhone, iPad or Watch may not automatically cancel or reset your wireless account; you are responsible for your wireless service agreement and for any applicable fees associated with your wireless account. Please contact your wireless service provider for more information.
Apple Watch Returns
Apple Watch from the Edition collection may be returned or exchanged within 14 days of purchase for a full refund if it’s in its original, undamaged and unmarked condition after passing inspection at Apple’s offsite facility. Depending on your original form of tender, a cheque, wire transfer, or refund to your debit/credit card will be issued within 10 business days provided the returned item is in its original condition.
Additional Apple Product Terms
Making unauthorised modifications to the software on an iPhone or iPad violates the iPhone and iPad software license agreements. Should you be unable to use your iPhone or iPad due to an unauthorised software modification, its repair will not be covered under the warranty. This will not affect any rights to which you may otherwise be entitled under the New Zealand consumer law and other applicable New Zealand consumer protection laws and regulations. For example, if a product is not of acceptable quality such that a defect is present when or after you take delivery of a product, you may be entitled to a repair, refund or replacement. For more details on your statutory rights, including a summary of these rights, please see here.
Pricing and Price Reductions/Corrections
Apple reserves the right to change prices for products displayed at/on the Apple Store at any time, and to correct pricing errors that may inadvertently occur. Additional information about pricing and GST is available on the Payment & Pricing page.
Should Apple reduce its price on any Apple-branded product within 14 calendar days from the date you receive your product, feel free to contact the Apple Contact Center at 0800 1 27753 to request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Apple within 14 calendar days of the price change. Please note that this excludes limited-time price reductions, such as those that occur during special sales events.
Price protection is only available for up to 10 units of a particular product. Additionally, we may require that you have the product with you or otherwise have proof of possession when requesting price protection.
Prices shown are in New Zealand dollars. If you are paying for your order with an international Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit card, please note that the purchase price may fluctuate with exchange rates. In addition, your bank or credit card issuer may also charge you foreign conversion charges and fees, which may also increase the overall cost of your purchase. Please contact your bank or credit card issuer regarding these fees.
Apple may, in its sole discretion, refuse or cancel any order and limit order quantity. Apple may also require additional qualifying information prior to accepting or processing any order. Once we receive your Online or Call Centre order, we’ll provide you with an email order confirmation. Your receipt of an order confirmation, however, does not signify Apple’s acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell; we are simply confirming that we received your order. The Apple Store reserves the right at any time after receiving your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. If Apple cancels an order after you have already been billed, Apple will refund the billed amount.
Shipping & Delivery
Please review the Shipping & Delivery to learn about how and when you will receive the products you purchased from the Apple Store. Since the actual delivery of your order can be impacted by many events beyond Apple’s control once it leaves our facilities, Apple cannot be held liable for late deliveries. We will, however, work with you to ensure a smooth delivery.
As Apple takes care of the dispatch of the products you purchase on the Apple Store, the risk of loss of, or damage to, product(s) shall pass to you when you, or a person designated by you, acquires physical possession of the product(s). Title in the product(s) shall pass to you when the product(s) is picked up by the carrier from our warehouse. At this point, you will receive the Shipment Notification Email. If there are any issues with delivery, please contact Apple to resolve.
The Apple Store sells and ships products to end-user customers only and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order if we suspect you are purchasing for resale.
New Zealand Shipping Only
Products purchased online from Apple will only be shipped to addresses within New Zealand and are subject to foreign export control laws and regulations. Products must be purchased, sold, exported, re-exported, transferred, and used in compliance with these export laws and regulations. We do not ship to freight forwarders. To purchase Apple products online from outside of New Zealand, please click here for international store information.
Product Availability and Limitations
Given the popularity and/or supply constraints of some of our products, Apple may have to limit the number of products available for purchase. Trust us, we’re building them as fast as we can. Apple reserves the right to change quantities available for purchase at any time, even after you place an order. Furthermore, there may be occasions when Apple confirms your order but subsequently learns that it cannot supply the ordered product. In the event we cannot supply a product you ordered, Apple will cancel the order and refund your purchase price in full.
Apple Sales New Zealand PO Box 912015, Auckland Mail Centre, Auckland 1142