LaCie 5TB Rugged USB-C + USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive
The LaCie Rugged USB-C portable hard drive unites rugged durability with cutting-edge USB-C connectivity. The result is a vault for your data that’s compatible with the latest MacBook Pro models as well as earlier generations. Massive capacity lets you use the LaCie Rugged as a shuttle drive to transport footage from set to post-production or to store a huge Lightroom library.
LaCie Rugged drives are the most reliable way to transport and capture data in the field. With resistance to drops, crush, rain and unauthorised access, the LaCie Rugged USB-C is tough enough for extreme conditions — from a sudden rainstorm to a crush of suitcases in an aeroplane cargo hold.
Plenty of storage capacity
USB-C connector for use with latest Mac models
USB 3.0 adapter provides compatibility with earlier Mac or PC models
Drop-resistant up to 1.2 metres/4 feet*
Drop-, crush- and rain-resistant for all-terrain use
Bus powered for maximum mobility
Compatible with Mac and Windows systems
Two-year Rescue Data Recovery Services plan included**
What’s in the Box
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable External Hard Drive
USB-C (USB 3.1, 5 Gbps) cable
USB-C to USB-A cable
Quick install guide
Connections: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C), USB, USB-C
Power Source: Bus Powered, USB
Length: 2.6 cm/1.02 in.
Width: 8.61.cm/3.38 in.
Depth: 13.51 cm/5.32 in.
Weight: 400 g/14.11 oz.
Operating System: OS X 10.11 or later , Windows 7 or later
Requirements Other: Mac with USB-C, USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port; 600MB free hard disk space
UPC or EAN No.: 763649126158
Note: Apple’s one-year limited warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if they are packaged or sold with Apple products. Non–Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer’s warranty provided by the product manufacturer. Please see the product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer’s warranty are in addition to any rights you have under Australian consumer law.
*In non-operating mode. ** Eligible for one in-lab data recovery attempt during the term of coverage. For more information, visit https://www.lacie.com/products/services/rescue-data-recovery-services.
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018–2019)
- MacBook Air (13-inch, early 2015 to 2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020)
- MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016 to 2019)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016 to 2019)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, late 2012 to 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid-2012 to 2015)
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, early 2015 to 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019 and later)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019 and later)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, late 2014 to 2015)
- iMac Pro (2017 or later)
- Mac Pro (2019)
- Mac Pro (late 2013)
- Mac mini (2018 and later)
- Mac mini (late 2014)
Answers from the community
Is this drive compatible with an iMac from late 2013?
- Asked by Emily A M from Indianapolis
- on 26 Apr. 2020
could I use this with a iPad Air 3 if I use an adaptor?
- Asked by Adams P from Beijing
- on 28 Nov. 2019