MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter
The MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter allows you to use the MagSafe connector on your LED Cinema Display, Thunderbolt Display, or MagSafe Power Adapter to charge your MagSafe 2-equipped Mac computer.
What’s in the Box
Apple MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter
24-inch Apple LED Cinema Display
27-inch Apple LED Cinema Display
Apple Thunderbolt Display
Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter
Apple 85W MagSafe Power Adapter
MacBook Pro with Retina display
MacBook Air with MagSafe 2 power port
- MacBook Air (13-inch, early 2015 to 2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, late 2012 to 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid-2012 to 2015)
Answers from the community
Will this MagSafe converter work with a mid-2012 13.3" MacBook Pro charger connected to a new 2020 MacBook Air 13.3"?
- Asked by Jeanine B from Glenwood
- on 6 May 2020
Can I use this mag safe converter with a 27-inch LED cinema display 2 and my new retina display 15" macbook?
- Asked by Ahmad A from Gsgsv
- on 23 Apr. 2020
Will this adapter charge MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015) from a solar charger with USB-C output? If not can you refer me to what I need?
- Asked by Dana W from Olympia
- on 26 Mar. 2020
Can this work with 85W Magsafe Power Adapter Model no. A1290
- Asked by Umang P from Hong Kong
- on 11 Aug. 2017
The converter will work fine using an 85W Magsafe 1 Charger.
- Answered by Jacob S from Warragul
- on 8 Dec. 2019
Will this work with my MacBook Air (late 2010) charger to use with my MacBook Pro with Retina display, 15-inches (mid -2015)?
- Asked by Jake D
- on 7 Aug. 2016
Will this work with a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)?
- Asked by BRENDA F from PARKVILLE
- on 17 Sep. 2016
Yes, this will convert any MagSafe 1 connection to the MagSafe Connection found on all 13" and 15" M Yes, this will convert any MagSafe 1 connection to the MagSafe Connection found on all 13" and 15" MacBook Pro Retina models.
- Answered by Aaron D from Thurgoona
- on 23 Oct. 2016