Viewing & Changing Orders
Want to view or edit an order? You can check order status, track a delivery, view pickup details, edit your delivery or email address, print an invoice and more by checking your online Order Status (Opens in a new window).
Online Order Status
To view or edit your Apple Online Store order, visit online Order Status and sign in with your Apple ID and password. With online Order Status(Opens in a new window) you can:
- Check order status
- Track a shipment
- Return eligible items
- Edit delivery or billing information
- View pickup information
- View or edit gift messaging or engraving
- Print an invoice
Don't have an Apple ID? Visit the Your Account help page for more details on how to create an Apple ID. You can view and edit your orders without an Apple ID by signing in with your order number, along with the delivery postal code or email address.
Check Order Status
It's easy to check the status of your order. First, visit online Order Status (Opens in a new window) and enter your Apple ID and password.
Once you sign in, select View Orders. This shows a summary of your most recent order. If you want to view a different order, select View more orders from the drop-down menu on the page.
On the Your Orders page, an order status message displays above each of your items. These messages include:
- Order Placed - We’ve received your order and payment information. Though you can’t make changes to your order right now, you’ll be able to when we start preparing your order.
- Order in Progress - We have all the information needed to complete your order. As soon as the item is ready, we’ll send you an update and prepare the shipment. You can still make changes to the order at this point.
- Preparing to Ship - We’re completing some final details before we ship your order. As soon as it ships, we’ll email you the delivery information. At this point, you can no longer make changes to the order.
- Shipped - You can use the “Track Shipment” button to follow your package online. This information will be available within the first 24 hours of shipment.
- Delivered - The package has been dropped off at the shipping address specified in your order. If you need to return any part of your order, you can initiate the process online.
- Shipping to Store - Your item has shipped and is on the way to the Apple Store. We'll send a Pickup Notification email to you when it's ready for pickup. Please wait for the Pickup Notification email before arriving at the Apple Store.
- Ready for Pickup - Your item is ready at the Apple Store. Remember to bring with you the card you used for payment, or the order number and a valid photo ID.
- Picked up - Your item has been picked up from the Apple Store.
Track Shipped Items
For items shipped to a physical address, you'll receive a Shipment Notification email with your carrier information and estimated delivery date and, if available, a tracking number.
You can also view shipping information in online Order Status. Once you sign in with your Apple ID and password, select Edit Orders. On the Your Orders page, select Track Shipment and the window will display the item's estimated delivery date, tracking number and shipping address. If you ordered multiple items, you may have separate tracking information for each item.
To ensure safe delivery, most shipments require a signature on delivery. Refer to the Shipping & Pickup help page if you are unavailable to provide a signature.
Once your item is available at the Apple Store, we'll send a Pickup Notification email with the Apple Store location. You can also view the Apple Store location and, if applicable, the pickup contact in online Order Status.
In addition to email notifications, you can request updates by text message in checkout.
What to Expect
Once your order ships, or is available for pickup, we'll send you a text message. The text message will include your order number and a link to the tracking or pickup store information. We also send texts on the day of delivery or after your item has been delivered, depending upon your shipping method, country and carrier. You may receive between 1-4 text messages per shipment on your order.
How to change text message preferences
You can edit your mobile phone number at any time by signing into your account and editing the shipment notification preferences for your order. Refer to the Shipping & Pickup help page for more details.
Edit your order
Sign in to online Order Status (Opens in a new window) to view an item on your order. You may be able to edit the item if the status reads Order Placed or Order in Progress. Read Check Order Status above for more information on order status messages.
Edit Gift Message and/or Engraving
To edit or delete an Apple Gift Package message, select Edit gift messaging or engraving on the Your Account page of Order Status (Opens in a new window).
Edit Shipping Address
If your order is in Order in Progress status, you may be able to edit your shipping address on the Your Orders page. Read the Check Order Status section above for more information on order status messages.To edit your default shipping address, select Change your default shipping or billing info on the Your Account page of online Order Status (Opens in a new window). Updates will take effect for future orders.
Edit Email Address
If you didn't receive an Order Acknowledgment, Pickup or Shipment Notification email, we may have an incorrect email address, or the emails are stuck in your spam or junk mail folder. You can update your email address on the Your Orders page of online Order Status (Opens in a new window).
To edit the default email address on your account, sign in to online Order Status (Opens in a new window) and navigate to Account Settings. Edits to the default email address will only take effect for future orders.
If you need assistance with viewing or editing your order, please contact an Apple Store Customer Service at 1 800 MY-APPLE.
So long as your item is not in Preparing to Ship or Shipped status, you may be able to cancel an item or the entire order online.To cancel an order or item, visit online Order Status (Opens in a new window). On the Your Orders page, find the item you want to cancel and select Cancel items.
Once you've submitted your cancel request, the status message of the item will read Cancelled or Pickup Cancelled. If you cancelled an item that was shipping to a physical address, you will not be billed for your item. If you cancelled a pickup item, you may have been billed. We will initiate your refund immediately after you submit your cancel request.
If you are unable to cancel your item online, you may be able to return your item. To see if your item is eligible for a return, refer to the Returns & Refunds help page or call Apple Store Customer Service at 1 800 MY-APPLE.
View or Print Invoice
You can view and print invoices for your item(s) shortly after they have shipped.
To view or print your invoice, log in to online Order Status (Opens in a new window) and click the View Orders button. Click the Print Invoices link on the Your Orders page to get a printable image of your invoice(s). You can also print individual invoices for a particular shipment.
If you need assistance with viewing or printing your invoice, please contact an Apple Online Store representative