2. Spatial Audio works with compatible content in supported apps on HomePod (2nd generation) and HomePod (1st generation). Not all content is available in Dolby Atmos. Requires Apple TV 4K. Apple TV 4K sold separately.
3. Requires multiple HomePod speakers or AirPlay-compatible speakers with the latest AirPlay software.
4. Creating a HomePod stereo pair requires two of the same model HomePod speakers, such as two HomePod mini, two HomePod (2nd generation), or two HomePod (1st generation).
5. A subscription is required for Apple Music.
6. A subscription may be required for music streaming services.
7. Sound Recognition may detect smoke and carbon monoxide alarm sounds and send you notifications when recognized. Sound Recognition should not be relied upon in circumstances where you may be harmed or injured, or in high-risk or emergency situations. Sound Recognition requires the updated Home architecture, which will be available as a separate update in the Home app. It requires all Apple devices that access the home to be using the latest software.
8. Temperature and humidity sensing is optimized for indoor, domestic settings, when ambient temperatures are around 15º C to 30º C and relative humidity is around 30% to 70%. Accuracy may decrease in some situations where audio is playing for an extended period of time at high volume levels. HomePod requires some time to calibrate the sensors immediately after starting up before results are displayed.
9. Peer-to-peer AirPlay requires a Mac (2012 or later) with OS X Yosemite or later, or an iOS device (late 2012 or later) with iOS 8 or later.
10. Compatible with HomeKit- or Matter-enabled Thread accessories only. Thread-based accessories require a Thread-enabled home hub, such as Apple TV 4K, HomePod (2nd generation), HomePod mini, or a third-party Thread border router.
11. Requires a U1‑equipped iPhone running iOS 16.2 or later.
12. Data accurate as of product launch.
13. ENERGY STAR and the ENERGY STAR mark are registered trademarks owned by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
14. Apple’s Regulated Substances Specification describes Apple’s restrictions on the use of certain chemical substances in materials in Apple products, accessories, manufacturing processes, and packaging used for shipping products to Apple’s end-customers. Restrictions are derived from international laws or directives, regulatory agencies, eco-label requirements, environmental standards, and Apple policies. Every Apple product is free of PVC and phthalates except for AC power cords in India, Thailand (for two-prong AC power cords), and South Korea, where we continue to seek government approval for our PVC and phthalates replacement. Apple products comply with the European Union Directive 2011/65/EU and its amendments, including exemptions for the use of lead such as high-temperature solder. Apple is working to phase out the use of these exempted substances for new products where technically possible.
We approximate your location from your internet IP address by matching it to a geographic region or from the location entered during your previous visit to Apple.