Apple USB SuperDrive
The sleek, compact USB SuperDrive.
Everything you need in an optical drive.
Whether you’re at the office or on the road, you can play and burn both CDs and DVDs with the Apple USB SuperDrive. It’s perfect when you want to watch a DVD movie, install software, create backup discs, and more.
Take it anywhere.
Only slightly bigger than a CD case, the Apple USB SuperDrive slips easily into your travel bag when you hit the road and takes up little space on your desk or tray table when you’re working.
The essence of simplicity.
You’ll never have to worry about lost cables with the Apple USB SuperDrive. It connects to your MacBook Pro with Retina display*, MacBook Air, iMac, or Mac mini with a single USB Type-A cable that’s built into the SuperDrive. There’s no separate power adapter, and it works whether your Mac is plugged in or running on battery power.
What’s in the Box
Apple USB SuperDrive with attached USB Type-A Connector cable
Compatible with the following computers:
MacBook Air with Retina display*
MacBook Pro with Retina display*
iMac (late 2012) and later
Mac mini (late 2009) and later
Mac Pro (late 2013)
* MacBook, MacBook Air with Retina display, and MacBook Pro models with Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports require a USB-C to USB Adapter (sold separately) to use Apple USB SuperDrive.
- 12-inch MacBook
- 13-inch MacBook Air with Retina display
- 13-inch MacBook Air
- 11-inch MacBook Air
- 13-inch MacBook Pro
- 15-inch MacBook Pro
- 21.5-inch iMac - Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
- 21.5-inch iMac - Thunderbolt 2
- 27-inch iMac - Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
- 27-inch iMac - Thunderbolt 2
- iMac Pro
- Mac Pro
- Mac mini - Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
- Mac mini
Answers from the community
can it read/play NTSC formatted DVDs
- Asked by Helena L from London
- on Apr 21, 2019
It plays dvds which have commercially available movies printed on them. I have hundreds of movies a It plays dvds which have commercially available movies printed on them. I have hundreds of movies as well as season series. All NTSC format. I also print my own movies in NTSC format. <br/> However, it doesn’t seem to read a dual layer disk. So a very long movie may only play the first layer. If the movie is on two disks. You’re fine. It’s rare movies are so long to require a dual layer disk
- Answered by Stephen T from Kalispell
- on May 4, 2019
does macbook pro (early 2011) support usb super drive
- Asked by viralbhai P from rajkot
- on Oct 20, 2014
Will superdrive work with late 2007 white MacBook ?
- Asked by daniel M from brunswick
- on Nov 10, 2012
Can it be used to add songs to iTunes library
- Asked by Ritch G from PORT SAINT LUCIE
- on Feb 10, 2013
Yes. It works just like the built in Superdrive of any Macbook.
- Answered by Carnell G from Mishawaka
- on Feb 23, 2013
Will this work with all other MacBook (2011) and MacBook AIr (2011).When I bought SuperDrive last year, it only work for MBA but not MBP or any others
- Asked by Leonard O from Portland
- on Jun 11, 2012
All of the Apple USB SuperDrives only work with Macs which do not have a built in SuperDrive.
2 Answers(Will this work with all other MacBook (2011) and MacBook AIr (2011).When I bought SuperDrive last year, it only work for MBA but not MBP or any others)
- Answered by Mark G from MOBILE
- on Jun 20, 2012