AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss for iPhone XR
Service and Support
AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss for iPhone
Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss extends that coverage(1) and includes up to two incidents of accidental damage protection and up to two incidents of theft or loss coverage every 12 months.(2) Each incident is subject to a service fee of $29 for screen damage, $99 for any other accidental damage, or a deductible of $149 for theft or loss. In addition, you’ll get Express Replacement Service(3) and 24/7 priority access to Apple experts by chat or phone.(4)Theft and loss coverage requires you to have Find My iPhone enabled on your device at the time it is lost or stolen.(5)
How to get AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss
Add it to your bag during the checkout process when you purchase your new iPhone.
Or buy it within 60 days of your iPhone purchase. Your iPhone purchase date is the date we ship and charge you for your order:
- On your device (go to Settings > General > About and choose AppleCare+ Coverage Available)
- Online (requires you to verify your serial number and run a remote diagnostic)
- At an Apple Store (requires inspection of your iPhone & proof of purchase)
- By calling (800) 275-2273 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)
One stop for technical support
Because Apple designs iPhone, iOS, and many applications, iPhone is a truly integrated system. And only AppleCare products provide one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call. Should you need repair or replacement, there are convenient service options.(6)
- 24/7 priority access to Apple experts via chat or phone
- Same-day service in most major metropolitan areas world wide(6)
- Onsite service: Schedule a technician to perform a screen repair at your home or office
- Express Replacement Service: We'll ship you a replacement device so you don’t have to wait for a repair(3)
- Mail-in repair: Mail in your iPhone using a prepaid shipping box provided by Apple
- Carry-in repair: Take your iPhone to an Apple Store or other Apple Authorized Service Provider
Apple hardware coverage
AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss provides repair or replacement hardware service for your iPhone and includes up to two incidents of accidental damage protection and up to two incidents of theft or loss coverage every 12 months. Each incident is subject to a service fee of $29 for screen damage, $99 for any other accidental damage, or a deductible of $149 for theft or loss. Coverage includes the following:
- Your iPhone
Software support included
With AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, Apple experts can help troubleshoot issues with your iPhone, iOS and iCloud, and Apple-branded apps, including:
- Using iOS and iCloud
- Questions about Apple-branded iPhone apps such as FaceTime, Mail, and Calendar
- Connecting to wireless networks
AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss coverage requires you to have Find My iPhone enabled on your device at the time it is lost or stolen.(5)
UPC or EAN No.: S8297LL/A
(1) Service coverage is available only for iPhone and its original included accessories that are defective in materials or workmanship or for batteries that retain less than 80% of their original capacity. The replacement equipment that Apple provides as part of the repair or replacement service may be new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability. For complete details, see the AppleCare+ for iPhone Terms and Conditions and the Theft and Loss Insurance Documentation applicable to your state.
(2) Coverage begins on your AppleCare+ purchase date. Any unused incidents will expire after 12 months of coverage and you will get two more incidents to use within the next 12 months of continued coverage.
(3) Express Replacement Service is not available under the screen replacement service fee or deductible.
(4) Local telephone fees may apply. Telephone numbers and hours of operation may vary and are subject to change.
(5) Theft and loss coverage requires you to have Find My iPhone enabled on your device at the time it is lost or stolen. Find My iPhone should remain enabled and your iPhone should remain associated with your Apple ID throughout the theft or loss claim process. During the theft or loss claims process, you will be asked to erase your missing device, disable it, and transfer ownership before you can be issued a new device.
To ensure you can sign in and access Find My iPhone, it’s important to remember your Apple ID and password and keep your account information up to date. If you use two-factor authentication for Apple ID, it’s recommended that you add an additional trusted phone number to your account so that you can receive the 6-digit verification code required to sign in even if your iPhone is missing.
After initiating your theft or loss claim with Apple, you will be asked to finalize your claim on AIG’s website at www.aigtheftandloss.com.
(6) Same-day service availability and options may vary by region and iPhone model. For international service, Apple may repair or replace your iPhone and iPhone parts with a comparable iPhone model or parts that comply with local standards. Same-day replacement is not available for theft or loss claims. Service coverage is subject to the Terms and Conditions of AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss. For complete details, see the AppleCare+ for iPhone Terms and Conditions and the Theft and Loss Insurance Documentation applicable to your state.
AppleCare+ benefits are in addition to any legal rights provided by consumer protection laws in your jurisdiction. AppleCare+ is subject to acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. Purchase of either plan is not required to purchase iPhone.
The company obligated under AppleCare+ in the United States is AppleCare Service Company, Inc., an Arizona corporation and wholly owned subsidiary of Apple Inc., doing business in Texas as Apple CSC Inc.
AppleCare+ with Theft & Loss is an optional device protection program that provides combined benefits under AppleCare+ and a Theft & Loss insurance policy. Theft and Loss insurance coverage is underwritten by New Hampshire Insurance Company (NAIC# 23841; Principal Address 175 Water Street, 18th Floor, New York, NY 10038; Phone (212) 770-7000) and is sold by AppleCare Service Company, Inc. (in California d/b/a Brogdan Insurance Services Lic#OL00763; Iowa License #26) and is sold in NY by Apple Inc. (License #926146). Theft and loss insurance coverage is provided under a group policy issued to AppleCare Service Company, Inc. in all states, except for New York where the policy is issued to Apple Inc. Coverage is subject to certain terms, conditions, and limitations. Theft and Loss can be purchased separately. Please refer to the certificate of coverage for your state for complete details, which can be found at www.aigtheftandloss.com/coveragedocs.