Apple 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter for MacBook Air
The 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter features a magnetic DC connector so if someone should trip over it, the cord disconnects harmlessly and your MacBook Air stays put safely. It also helps prevent fraying or weakening of the cables over time. In addition, the magnetic DC helps guide the plug into the system for a quick and secure connection.
When the connection is secure, an LED located at the head of the DC connector lights up; an amber light lets you know that your notebook is charging, while a green light tells you that you have a full charge. An AC cord is provided with the adapter for maximum cord length, while the AC wall adapter (also provided) gives you an even easier and more compact way to travel.
Designed to be the perfect traveling companion, the adapter has a clever design which allows the DC cable to be wound neatly around itself for easy cable storage.
This power adapter recharges the lithium polymer battery while the system is off, on, or in sleep mode. It also powers the system if you choose to operate without a battery.
Compatible only with MacBook Air featuring MagSafe 2 power port.
Not sure if this is the right power adapter for your Mac?
See this article for more details about choosing the right one.
Knowing which specific Mac model you have is important. If you are running OS X Lion (10.7) or later go to the “” menu at the top left of your screen, choose “About this Mac” then click the “More Info...” button. Your Mac model and generation will be displayed.
If you are running an earlier version of OS X, you can enter your serial number here to find out which model you have.
Answers from the community
How does the power adapter work? Why are there 2 flip up parts that seam to serve no purpose? Why does the heavy cord separate from the adapter?
- Asked by AlBert R from Lancaster
- on Aug 11, 2016
1) How does it work? Man! You plug it to your computer and provided that you plugged the other end 1) How does it work? Man! You plug it to your computer and provided that you plugged the other end into the power supply you will get some "juice"! 2) Why are there these 2 flip parts? Alright , this is not obvious, but these will allow you to wrap the attached to it cable around these two flip parts. 3) Why the heave cord can be separated from the adapter? It is because you don't always need this extension! Cheers, Nicolas B.
2 Answers(How does the power adapter work? Why are there 2 flip up parts that seam to serve no purpose? Why does the heavy cord separate from the adapter?)
- Answered by Nicolas B from Didcot
- on Sep 3, 2016
what is the difference between the MacBook air A1436 and the A1465 MacBook air charger?
- Asked by Matthew P from Gainesville
- on Jun 1, 2018
Should I purchase the 45W MagSafe 2 Adapter for my 11" Air (2nd gen, 2011)?
- Asked by Samuel L. C from KENOSHA
- on Jul 2, 2012
MagSafe 2 only fits the 2012 laptops. If you adapt it, it will not fit. Use the original cable.
- Answered by Timothy M from Hillsboro
- on Jul 3, 2012
is it possible to buy just the cord to the adapter? The adapter is just fine.
- Asked by Rebecca E from Minneapolis
- on Jul 14, 2015
No. The MagSafe cord and the adapter are permanently attached. However, the AC cord to the adapter i No. The MagSafe cord and the adapter are permanently attached. However, the AC cord to the adapter is detachable.
- Answered by Devon L from Madison
- on Oct 14, 2015